About the site
- What is BirdsofEurope.eu?
- Who created BirdsofEurope.eu?
- Who supports BirdsofEurope.eu?
- How can I help BirdsofEurope.eu to develop?
- Can I place a link of BirdsofEurope.eu on my webpage?
- How many bird species are there on the site?
- What are the selection criteria?
- Who writes descriptions about the species?
Photos and videos
- Who approves the images and videos about the species?
- What are the selection criteria?
- How can I publish a photo/video?
- How many photos/videos can I publish?
- Who owns the copyright of a photo or a video once I publish it?
- Is the photo/video published only in BirdsofEurope.eu?
- What should be the resolution of the photos?
- How can I upload a video?
- What should be the format of the photos/videos?
- How can the photos/videos be used?
- Will I have my own profile?
- Why are the photos/videos not immediately published on the site?
- Can I comment on the photos and videos?
Tourism, companies and tours
- What is the "Tourism" section about?
- Why is there a name of a company below the name of a country?
- Can I publish information about companies? Which company types are allowed for publication?
- Can I publish tours which my companies offer and what kind of offers can I publish?
- Why was my company rejected?
- Why was my tour/tours not approved?
- What is the term for company/tour approval?
- What is the "Countries where we work" section about?
- What is the "Company locations" section about?
- What is the "Birds work with" section about?
- Who can register on the site?
- Why do I need a registration?
- How do I register?
- Types of users and rights.
- Are there any PC-related technical requirements for using BirdsofEurope.eu?
- When I watch a video, why is its streaming interrupted?
- Do I need high-speed Internet connection?
What is BirdsofEurope.eu?
BirdsofEurope.eu is a site presenting all species of birds from Europe. For each species, there is a description, an unlimited number of photos and videos and other useful information. Our goal is to present all bird species in Europe on pictures and videos. Up
Who are the creators of BirdsofEurope.eu?
Who supports BirdsofEurope.eu?
The website is supported by a couple of volunteers for free. Each one of them spends part of his/her time to update and monitor the accuracy of the information and hot news. We are extremely grateful to all photographers and cameramen, without whose photos and videos the site would not have been as attractive. Up
How can I contribute to BirdsofEurope.eu’s development?
We would be glad if more photographers and operators participated. That would regularly enrich and update our database. Participation is free and anyone willing to publish photos or videos for a particular species can register. Up
Can I 'place a link to BirdsofEurope.eu on my webpage?
Yes, we would welcome any kind of promotion. Up
The site contains information about 776 species from all over Europe. Up
All birds registered in Europe are included. They are selected by country, i.e. from all the countries which are located on the political or geographic map of Europe. For the full list of countries, click here. Up
All photos and videos are being reviewed by photographers and ornithologists of long-time proven experience. Up
- 100% clarity about the bird species;
- Quality of the photo (focus, normal exposure, image clarity, composition, etc.);
- Art value;
- Picture of a species that has not been available up until now, and the one in question is of top priority;
- Pictures of a species for which better photos are uploaded will be deleted; Up
Each author can upload an unlimited number of photos or videos. Up
Each photo or video is reviewed by a moderator: an ornithologist or photographer. That happens within 72 hours from the date of publication. Up
All users can comment on the photos and videos on the site. Comments of cynical, offensive, discriminatory or racist nature insulting one's dignity or the image of the site, as well as their authors/site participants will be deleted. Up
Every photographer or cameraman can publish a photo or a video about a certain species. To be able to publish, you need to first register. Up
All photos and videos are property of the respective author and only he/she is the copyright owner. The owners and developers of BirdsofEurope.eu shall not claim any right to the photos or videos. Every author is free to put whatever sign or inscription he/she wants on his/hers photo/video showing his/hers copyright. The owners and developers of BirdsofEurope.eu are not responsible for any copying of a photo or video which is published on the site. Up
Is the photo/video published only in BirdsofEurope.eu?
BirdsofEurope.eu is an upgraded version of BirdsinBulgaria.org (site about birds in Bulgaria) and it entertains more functionalities. When a photo or video is published, the author can choose whether he/she wants it published on both sites or just in BirdsinBulgaria.org or BirdsofEurope.eu. Up
The file size prior to publication should not be more than 1 MB. The system will automatically resize it to the necessary size upon publication. Up
We accept photos only in jpg and video clips in flv format. Up
The video is published through “My video” section in the administration panel. You need to add a small thumbnail in every video in .jpg format. The size of the thumbnail should be up to 1 MB and the size of the video should be up to 5 MB. Up
Every photographer has his/her own profile with a short presentation of himself/herself along with the photos/videos which he/she has published. The profile is visible only when the photographer/cameraman has published at least 1 photo/video. Up
This is a section where information about companies and bird-related tourist services is offered. Up
Under the name of the country, the companies offering bird-related tourist trips or services in the respective country are listed. Up
Yes, you can publish an unlimited number of companies. They should offer tourist services connected with birds, as well as photographic or tourist equipment. Up
Yes, you can publish an unlimited number of tours which you offer. The tours can be only tours connected with nature. Up
We approve only tourist companies connected with birds, photographic or tourist equipment. Up
We approve only tours which are connected with nature, observation and photo shooting of birds and mammals. Up
Within 7 days from the date of publication. Up
Here you can add the countries in which your company offers nature tours, services or products related to nature and tourism. Up
If your company offers tours to more than one place you can add them. They will be shown on the map on the website in “Travel & Tourism” section. Each object can add a photo and brief information as well as its exact location. So for the user will be very useful to get acquainted with your activities and locations, which may possibly take him. This is also very useful for guest houses, hotels or shops for photographic or travel and tourism equipment. Any company can add locations it operates. Up
Some travel and tour agencies/operators offer tours for certain species. This information is very useful for people who want to birdwatch or photograph a specific bird or animal species. Up
Anyone willing to contribute to the Birds in Europesite can register and publish photos and videos of birds. Up
Why do I need a registration?
Only a registered user can publish materials. Up
You can register by filling out a registration form.
On the listed e-mail, you will receive a message with a link on which the author should “click” to confirm his/her wish to register. After this, the author can publish photos/videos.
The profiles of the photographers who have not published a photo within a month after the registration, will be deleted. Up
Users – they can publish only photos and videos of birds.
Companies – they can publish photos and videos of birds. They can publish information about companies offering bird-related tours.
Newswriters – they publish news, photos and videos of birds.
Moderator – they can publish photos and videos of birds, companies offering bird-related tours. They can approve and/or delete photos and videos of users, approve or delete users and companies. Up
Are there any PC-related technical requirements for using BirdsofEurope.eu?
The site can be viewed from any computer with an Internet connection. Up
This could happen if the Internet connection is slow. Up
For seamless watching of videos on the site, you need a faster Internet connection. Up